Our pharmacy plans are committed to helping Hurricane Ian survivors recover. If you need help filling prescriptions, call the customer service number on your ID card.
The Cigna Select PPO plan includes prescription drug coverage administered by CVS Caremark. The Cigna Select PPO plan covers pharmacy benefits, which include generic and brand, preferred and non-preferred medications and supplies. Prescriptions can be filled at your pharmacy or by mail order.
If you live in Hawaii: You are eligible to enroll in the Kaiser Hawaii HMO medical plan, which covers pharmacy benefits.
Types of prescriptions
The Cigna Select PPO plan includes prescription drug coverage administered by CVS Caremark. CVS Caremark will send you a prescription drug ID card separate from your medical plan ID card. By showing your CVS Caremark ID card, you can fill a prescription at CVS and most major pharmacy locations nationwide.
Your prescription cost is determined by the type of medication. To learn more, check out the CVS Caremark coverage documents under Plan Documents.
|Cigna Select PPO|
|Annual out-of-pocket maximum||Prescription amounts count toward medical plan out-of-pocket maximum|
|Retail (per 30-day supply)*|
|Preferred generic||$10 copay|
|Preferred brand||$30 copay|
|Non-preferred brand||$50 copay|
|Mail order (per 90-day supply*|
|Preferred generic||$20 copay|
|Preferred brand||$60 copay|
|Non-preferred brand||$100 copay|
* Specialty drugs are included in the three-tier cost structure and are exclusive to CVS Specialty Pharmacy only. After two retail fills of maintenance medication, you must go through mail order or use a CVS pharmacy and fill a 90-day supply. Otherwise, a penalty copay is charged ($10 for generic, $15 for preferred brand name and $25 for non-preferred brand name).
CVS Caremark includes these services:
- FastStart® offers easy ways to get started with mail service. Register online, by mail, by phone or by your doctor calling.
- Maintenance Choice® lets you choose how you get 90-day supplies of your maintenance medications: through mail service or at a CVS Caremark pharmacy store. Either way, you pay mail service prices.
- CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy is the exclusive pharmacy for specialty medications and is designed for individuals with rare, complex or genetic conditions that require specialty care with a high level of support. The specialty pharmacy offers convenient delivery of specialty medications, personalized service and educational support for your specific treatment.
- MinuteClinic® walk-in medical clinics are staffed by nurse practitioners and physician assistants who specialize in family health care. They care for children and adults, with no appointment needed. Services include diagnosis and treatment of minor illnesses, injuries and skin conditions; administration of vaccinations, injections, health screenings and physicals; and monitoring for chronic conditions. Services can be claimed through your medical benefits.
- ExtraCare® Health Card provides you and your family with a 20% discount on CVS brand health-related products.
Types of prescriptions
You save money on top-quality medications if you choose a generic drug when you fill a prescription. A generic drug contains the same active ingredients and comes in the same strengths as the original brand-name drug. Any generic drug that our plans use will meet strict U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements for quality and purity.
Certain brand-name drugs are available at preferred pricing based on the efficacy, safety and cost-effectiveness of the drug. You pay a lower portion of the cost, copay or coinsurance for preferred brand drugs compared to non-preferred drugs.
Non-preferred brand and generic
You pay the highest portion of the cost, copay or coinsurance for non-preferred drugs.
Prescription mail order
Mail order offers the convenience of having medications you take on a regular basis delivered right to your door at a savings. Use mail order for maintenance medications you take on an ongoing basis for conditions like asthma, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Some medications have quantity limits and/or are not available through mail order.
Preventive medications and supplies
Certain preventive medications and supplies are covered at no cost to you. These medications require a prescription and are subject to certain eligibility requirements. These no-cost benefits can include:
- Medicine and supplements to prevent certain health conditions for adults, women and children
- Medicine and products for quitting smoking or chewing tobacco (tobacco cessation)
- Medicine used prior to screenings for certain health conditions in adults
- Some contraceptive types for women