Congratulations! Adding to your family by adopting a child is wonderful and exciting. However, we know it also involves a lot of planning, legal work and expense. Intuit can help you offset those costs with the Adoption Assistance program.
If you’re a regular or SelectTime Intuit employee who works 20 or more hours per week, you can get reimbursed up to $30,000 per child, up to a lifetime maximum of two children, for eligible expenses such as:
- Adoption fees from bona fide adoption agencies
- Legal fees resulting from the adoption process
- Registration fees from local, state and federal administration agencies
- Travel expenses for the adopting parent and/or child if travel is required for the adoption process
To get reimbursed for your adoption-related expenses, submit these documents to HR Connect within six months of the adoption being finalized:
- A completed Adoption Assistance Program Reimbursement Request form
- Your finalized adoption letter or, in cases of international adoption, your placement paperwork
- Receipts for adoption-related fees and expenses
- Any other supporting documentation
Once your documentation is received and approved, your request will be submitted for payment on the next payroll date.
Note: Adoption reimbursements are subject to state, Social Security and Medicare taxes (FICA).
Updating Your Benefits
You can add your adopted child to your insurance within 60 days of the adoption placement by logging in to Your Benefits Resources.