Congratulations! Adding to your family by adopting a child is wonderful and exciting. However, we know it also involves a lot of planning, legal work, and expense. Intuit can help you offset those costs with the adoption assistance program.
SelectTime employees who work 20 or more hours per week.
How it works
How to get started
You can get reimbursed up to $30,000 per child, up to a lifetime maximum of two children, for eligible expenses such as:
- Adoption fees from bona fide adoption agencies. A bona fide adoption agency is an established commercial organization or agency with a valid business license that provides adoption services.
- Legal fees resulting from the adoption process
- Registration fees from local, provincial, or national governmental agencies
- Travel expenses for the adopting parent and/or child if travel is required for the adoption process
If you and your spouse or domestic partner both work at Intuit, you are eligible to be reimbursed up to a maximum of $30,000 per child. If you or your dependents are eligible for adoption expense reimbursement from another entity, such as an employer or governmental agency, Intuit's adoption assistance program will be considered "secondary coverage.” For example, your adoption expenses are $6,000. You receive a government agency grant of $3,000. Your eligible expenses for Intuit’s program are $3,000 ($6,000 - $3,000).
To get reimbursed for your adoption-related expenses, submit these documents to HR Connect (you can submit expenses incurred up to six months before the adoption is finalized):
- A completed Adoption Assistance Program reimbursement request form
- Your finalized adoption letter or, in cases of international adoption, your placement paperwork
- Receipts for adoption-related fees and expenses
- Any other supporting documentation
Once your documentation is received and approved, your request will be submitted for payment on the next payroll date.
You are responsible for all tax liability resulting from an adoption expense reimbursement from Intuit. For tax guidance, please talk to a tax professional.
Updating your benefits
You can add your adopted child to your insurance within 60 days of the adoption placement by logging in to Alight.
How do I request reimbursement? Submit a completed Adoption Assistance Program reimbursement request form to HR Connect within six months of the adoption being finalized.
Adoption Assistance Program reimbursement request form
Where to get help
This site is only accessible within the Intuit firewall.