We want you and your family members to feel valued, supported and celebrated for exactly who you are. That’s why our medical plans cover a wide range of transgender services.
Cigna Select PPO
These medically necessary services are covered under the Cigna plan:
- Behavioral health services, including counseling for gender dysphoria and related psychiatric conditions (e.g., anxiety, depression)
- Hormonal therapy, including androgens, anti-androgens, GnRH analogues, estrogens and progestins
- Laboratory testing to monitor prescribed hormonal therapy
- Age-related, gender-specific services, including preventive health (e.g., cancer screening, treatment of a prostate medical condition)
- Gender reassignment and related surgery, including all procedures recommended by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH):
- Voice therapy/voice lessons
- Breast augmentation
- Facial bone reduction
- Insertion of testicular prosthesis
- Pectoral implants
- Thyroid reduction chondroplasty
- Voice modification surgery
Check with your medical plan for specific coverage details. When you call your medical plan provider, you can request to speak with a designated transgender customer service representative.