Find Temporary and Long-Term Care for a Loved One
Whether you’re experiencing a breakdown in your normal child care, looking for an after-school sitter, have adult/elder care needs, or just need someone to walk the dog, Bright Horizons offers two options:
- Bright Horizons Back-Up CareTM for short-term or last-minute needs—Full-service, subsidized back-up care you can rely on for temporary child care, adult care and elder care when you need to be at work.
- Bright Horizons Additional Family SupportsTM for long-term or ongoing needs—Resources and discounts to support your whole family, including nannies, sitters for evening elder care, planning and referrals; pet sitters; housekeepers and homework help. Discounts and preferred enrollment access for regular, center-based child care are also available.
This program is available to all SelectTime and seasonal employees.
Short-Term or Last-Minute Needs
Pre-Register to Use Backup Care
To use the backup care service, you must pre-register by either:
- Calling 1-877-242-2737
- Visiting the Bright Horizons Backup Care website (username = Intuit; password = Benefits4You)
If you’ve been hired within the last week, ask Bright Horizons to contact their eligibility team to verify your eligibility and secure services.
How Can Backup Care Help?
Bright Horizons can find you emergency backup care when you need to be at work and your normal arrangement is not available or a need suddenly arises. For example, school is closed for vacation, holidays or in-service days; your nanny is on vacation; your child is mildly ill (e.g., has a fever, diarrhea or rash) or your parent who lives with you (or even in another state) suddenly becomes ill. Backup care is not available for evening or weekend babysitting services.
How Much Does Backup Care Cost?
You’re eligible for up to 20 backup care days per calendar year for each person needing care. Care is available for your dependent children and immediate family and for your spouse’s or domestic partner’s immediate family. You pay by credit card, debit card or electronic funds transfer (EFT) at the time you make your reservation:
- For center-based care, you pay $20 per day for one child ($30 for two or more).
- For in-home care, you pay $7 per hour, for both child and elder care (with a four-hour minimum).
The maximum (20 visits per dependent, per calendar year) applies to both center-based and in-home care.
Long-Term or Ongoing Needs
Bright Horizons Additional Family Supports is for your personal, anytime needs. This program easily connects you with options for more regular and long-term care needs—as well as care for evenings, weekends and even pets.
You make the arrangements directly with providers and pay the provider. Care is not subsidized by Intuit.
With Bright Horizons, you get additional family support, including:
- Babysitting, nannies and housekeepers: Free Sittercity account that gives you access to a comprehensive database of in-home care and services. You can post an ad for a position, search candidates and perform free basic background checks.
- Center-based care: Special VIP discounts when you choose a Bright Horizons child care center for your regular ongoing care. You get preferred enrollment and a registration fee credit. At other select partner centers, you receive tuition discounts and won’t have to pay registration fees for your toddler or preschooler.
- Elder care: Access to Bright Horizons Elder Care, a comprehensive elder care solution that combines a modern, easy-to-use care coordination platform with personalized guidance from expert Care Coaches and a quick connection to backup care. Your dedicated, experienced Care Coach can help you:
- Facilitate family conversations
- Find resources via the CareGeneral site
- Get dedicated support through phone consultations and family conference calls
- Coordinate in-home assessments and next steps
- Find legal and financial experts for in-depth consultations
You can also sign up for the Years Ahead platform, which connects you to elder care tools and resources, so you can do your own caregiver searching, vetting and coordinating.
- Pet sitters and dog walkers: Access to a comprehensive network of resources for your pet (through Sittercity).
- Tutoring, test prep and homework help: Access to high-quality tutoring and test prep services (online or in person) to help your children in grades K–12 succeed.
Visit the Bright Horizons website to learn more and get started.